I had an amazing conversation with Jennifer Dukes Lee in this episode. Jennifer has actually become such a great friend that I met through social media a few years ago and she is the author of many books, but her recent one is titled It’s All Under Control. This is the episode for those that are trying so hard to do everything for everyone. You have a ton of plates spinning in the air and you feel very responsible for whether or not they stay up or fall. And then at the end of the day you feel weary, wondering if you did enough, and peace just isn’t there. By the end of this episode you won’t feel so alone in this struggle, as well as Jennifer gives us so many nuggets of wisdom to help us point out the lies from the truth.
In this episode we cover:
- What it’s like in different stages of motherhood when it comes to feelings of control over our kids.
- What areas of our life God actually does expect us to control.
- What Jennifer really thinks about the statement “Just give it to God and it will all work out.”
- How we have a certain amount of responsibility on certain things that are in our control.
- Why she believes that when life hits you with the unexpected, the harvest will still come.
I hope this episode opens your eyes to the possibility that you may have unhealthy control issues and how to navigate this area of relentless control in a healthy, biblical way.
Click here to listen to this episode: https://bit.ly/2FQVqAU
Grab Jennifer’s book It’s All Under Control
Connect with me on Facebook!
Connect with me on Instagram!